Thursday, March 13, 2008

All is well...

Yes...we are here, we are doing fine! Hudson is now developing a little personality and we are enjoying every bit of him. He smiles and tries to *talk* to us. Yesterday he was blowing bubbles and cooing. We still can't get enough of him and love, love, love our precious son! He is getting the hang of nighttime sleeping. He has increased his every two hours to about every 3 1/2. Last night at 3:20am when I went to pick him up he looked up at me in the dimly lit room and gave me the biggest grin. Even when I am barely conscious...he still melts my heart!

Have I ever told you about how much our oldest daughter loves books? She can't get enough books to read. It's sad when I have to threaten to take her books away as a punishment! (My mom never had to use that one on me!) ;) DD #2 told my mom the other day..."My mom just uses all these books for decoration, she doesn't read them all." Nice! Yes, I do have a lot of books. No, I have not read them all...but I have read a lot of them. Many of them I have not read from front to back...that's not my style. I prefer to read a couple chapters here and there to get the gist of it.

Speaking of books...the other morning I was in my bed having my quiet time. I had a fresh cup of coffee in my hands and was enjoying the moment. I read something that compelled me to want to underline it and meditate on it for awhile. I leaned over my bed to reach for my pen, when my cup of hot coffee spilled all over the bed and me. I cleaned it up, but now our bed smells like coffee. I don't mind that...in fact, I love it! The only down side is that it makes it really hard to stay in bed when you smell coffee. Maybe those of you that aren't morning people should try it! :)

10 comments:

Jackie said...

I can totally relate to your coffee story! I spilled some Starbucks french roast on my robe one morning and now the smell will not come out! It is the most delicious smelling robe ever!

Tengesdal 4 said...

I'm still giggling about the "Mommy just uses these books for decoration!" line... as if you needed help being humble! :) I love the fact that you read "a couple chapters to get the gist"-- that is SO YOU!! :) hee hee hee! I might giggle all day just thinking about your decorations :)

crispy said...

So glad the kids love books. Great that they love to read.

Lori said...

HA HA HA...I love the "books for decoration" quote, as well - that is hilarious! I know you LOVE to read - and I know you are well-read. It was fun to see you and the girls tonight - and that handsome little guy, too (what a GREETING he has!). ;-) I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

Heth said...

Come on Hudson, go for 4 hours in a row. YOU CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

he he he! thank you for the new decorating tip lol.
And I might have to try spilling coffee all over can't wake up these days. :o)

Anonymous said...

I can totally connect, too! It's like I saw the coffee on the table one day and I bumped it with my elbow. It drives me crazy when that happens!

Are you pickin' up what I'm dropping?

Can a brother get a witness? Amen?

Kristi said...

It was fun to see you this weekend at the convention...even though it was ever-so-briefly!!! Hope that you had a great time!

And, I too love the "books for decoration" line...it is just SO you!!!

steffany said...

You crack me up.

Laura said...

I, too, use the act of taking away reading priveleges from my 9 year old daughter, Alexandra. How funny and reassuring to know other mother's have to do the same thing. And, quite honestly, what a wonderful blessing that they enjoy reading as much as they do. Don't know what to think of the coffee smell...I love the smell and hate the taste. Good luck with that! : )