Tuesday, November 4, 2008

sadness--

I literally feel sick. My stomach is turning and my heart is sad. My heartache is for the lives of our children.

25 comments:

Tengesdal 4 said...

I, too, feel a profound sadness. The hope I have, however, is in a God who changes hearts & I am committed to praying for our President-elect...

Joni said...

Laura I know exactly how you feel. My heart is so heavy burdened this morning. This just totally makes me sick!!

GOD IS GOOD. . . ALL THE TIME!!

Love, Joni

Bill and Christina said...

Me too. But our Hope is in God. We serve Him no matter who is in charge of the nation and this did not take God by surprise. We must now be the beacon of light to all of those who don't know Christ as their personal Savior.
Christina

crispy said...

Hard to get out of bed this morning. But I am so glad that my faith and hope doesn't end or rest on human leaders. My hope is in the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Anonymous said...

ME TOO. I didn't sleep all night.

Tonya said...

I am trying to focus on things that will not change!
God still loves me. God is still in control. God's people will still praise Him. God will still enjoy our praise. God will still rescue the lost who come to Him. I can still pray to our God! God will listen to those prayers. God will comfort and protect me.

Laura Lu said...

Bets--I've been praying for Obama's heart and I'm joining you in committing to pray for our President-elect from here on. I am with all of you that my hope is in Christ alone. I rest in His Sovereignty.

Michael and Michelle said...

Laura,
That is exactly how I feel......what about our children! I am just sick today. I know that our trust is in God.....yet I am sad for our nation. I guess maybe a little in shock too.
Michelle

Major Mom said...

I cried my eyes out.

Mrs. B said...

Me too. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I guess inside, I thought that in the end, enough people would say "no" to him.

But what Laura said puts it into persepective. Rest alone in God's sovereignity & pray for Obama's heart.

I will start doing that.

Mickey said...

Hey we must all remember that God ordains every leader that is selected or elected to rule. Praise God that He is bigger than elections. Is this a call for us to be on our knees pleading for His forgiveness for our country. We can still plead "God Bless America"

Laura Lu said...

Mickey--I am right there with you believing that God ordains our leaders. That is what was running through my head all day yesterday..."He alone sets the leaders in place"...that is why I can rest in His Sovereignty. I do believe that Christians will need to rise up now, more than ever, and stand strong for what the Lord has called us to. We will have to band together in prayer, pleading before our Gracious God for the sake of our country...like we never have before.

Laura Lu said...

Forgot to add--that we as Christians have to step out of a place of complacency and ambivelence falling on our faces before God...for the sake of our children.

Shelly Roberts said...

I woke up with a greater urgency to raise my children with a firm foundation of truth ... so they can share with others where real HOPE comes from.

I was touched watching the speech last night ... the people's faces ... they are indeed longing and yearning for HOPE. May we live lives that reflect where that true Hope can be found.

God is not done with this great country. Days like today sure make me long for heaven though.

Blessings to you, dear sister!! You are doing a great job in raising up the future generation. :)

12-arrows said...

I am right there with you! Shock/saddness/heartache all wrapped up into one emotion! I love the post from Tonya about focusing on the things that we know to be true and won't change. Thanks for the reminder.

Laura Lu said...

Praise Jesus with me for the California vote to protect marriage!!! Hallelujah!!!!!

Rebekah said...

Me too....Even more upsetting than Obama is that Michigan approved Stem Cell Research to Embryos. How much can one girl handle in one day!?!

Essy said...

Oh yes...a deep, deep sadness. Had my good cry this morning (was too numb last night). Yes...ofcourse God is still in control and He can bring good out of any situation...but still...it's not going to be easy to witness.

Laura said...

Sadness and complete shock. It is hard to comprehend that so many want to support the ideals of the liberal agenda . I, too, was elated that the marriage amendment passed--in Florida as well. Praise God.

1 Peter 2:1 Therefore rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander of every kind.

1 Peter 2:13- Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

I find this all difficult and, honestly, struggle with my emotions but, I am confident in our Lord and I know His way is BEST.

1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hoope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Laura said...

hope--not hoopes. Sorry.

The RockStar said...

4 long years ... try again

Dave Gerhart said...

Wow...doesn't the fact that he's the first black president excite you? Don't you think that it gives our trans-racial sons and daughters hope that they can be ANYTHING...even President?

crispy said...

I wanted to pass on this great encouraging John Piper youtube video. I linked it on my blog.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvlfc2VkN0

Laura Lu said...

Dave, yes--it is a monumental occassion in our country's history. I am one that votes my morals...there is deep saddness within me for the morals that Obama represents. Say if Clarence Thomas was running for office...I could be excited that he as a black man was taking office, because he holds true to the morals that I hold true to. Even as the mom of a black son--I won't ever be one to vote based on race...I will always hold strong to the convictions that I have. If we are going to be excited about the affect that this could have on our children...then I could have been just as excited about the effect a woman VP would have made on my daughters. We strive to raise each of our children to have their identity found in Christ.

Rebecca Lily said...

Let's pray for him. That is all I can say. I felt this way too, on Tuesday night. But our God does hold the hearts of kings in His hands, and directs them WHEREVER HE PLEASES. Mr. President-Elect doesn't realize it - but he can't do a thing without God's permission.

xoxo