Monday, October 6, 2008

Superchick!

Last night I took our two oldest daughters to a Superchick Concert!!! I went with my friend who has two daugthers the same ages as my girls. It was CraZy FuN! We got there and it was a no chairs, no sit...just jump-around-have-fun concert. Only problem was we were in the back with two little girls that couldn't see a thing. Finally we found a couple seats open on the bleachers and went over and sat down. What we didn't know was that we had just entered the NO Fun Zone. We didn't realize that the bleachers were for the people that didn't want to clap, scream, jump up and down, wave their arms in the air...or even stand up for a song or two for that matter. I mean I understand bleachers are for sitting. Der. I'm just saying--We are good concert-goers, so when the performers say, "we want everyone on their feet for this one with your arms up"...my friend Monica and I do as they say. We also make sure our daughters do as they say. So yes, there we were jumping up and down, yelling, and waving our arms to the music. EVERYONE, I mean, EVERYONE around us was just sitting there. Not even toe tapping. No bobbing of their heads to the music. Yeah...we didn't care! We kept jumping...these two mamas were shaking the entire set of bleachers...but yeah again, we didn't care. (Ok, I kind of cared, because I didn't want them to not enjoy their concert experience...no matter how different of a concert attender they were.)

Finally after a few songs in...the little girls asked(yelled at the tops of their lungs) if we could go down to the floor. We explained that they wouldn't be able to see, but they didn't care. They wanted to express themselves with a little less restriction. We asked our jr. high daughters if they wanted to go there too. They did! We were laughing at how our jr. high girls were being so reserved at the beginning. We would lift their arms for them and stand behind them making them jump with us. They were having fun though. (If it would have been making her mad...I would have stopped--just to make that clear) It didn't take them long to warm up and they started jammin' just like everyone else. We got down to the floor where there were no chairs...just standing. It was roasting hot, but everyone was loving it! We got right in and enjoyed every minute we were there.

The girls got a CD and being the good homeschool moms that we are...we let them stand in line to get them signed. And of course we had to stop and get some ice cream and snacks on the way home...we didn't get home until after midnight. We had some incredibly giddy girls. I love that we got to have last night's concert experience together.

The presence of the Lord was powerful! And praising Him together was amazing! We already have plans to go again the next time they come. The girls slept in and we started school late...but we've had a great day so far.

P.S.--They can't listen to their CD until their work is done...there I go being all mean again! ;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww, HOW stinkin fun! and I am sure you embarrassed the crapola outta them all. Wat to go!!!

Laura Lu said...

K-mums, I kept thinking of you and knowing I was makin' you proud! :)

Dagmar said...

I am so jealous! I love Superchick!!! It sounds like you had a blast! Whats your favorite song that they do?

Heather said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!

Laura Lu said...

Dagmar--I'm lovin' "Hey, Hey" right now. Karen was thinking about coming, but passed this time around. Next time I'll get her there to jump up and down with me. :)

meemee said...

We all know where I would have been. The bleachers.

Dagmar said...

Laura- She should have gone! : ] I like "Hey Hey" too, I love so many of their songs! One of my tops though is "Stand in the Rain"!

Kristi said...

What a great mental picture of your evening! And, I have SEEN you dance, girl...so, I can just about imagine! ;-) You can "bust a move" with the best of them!

What a memorable, wonderful night for both you and your girls...that is great, Laura!

Lindsay said...

You guys have too much fun together. I didn't even know they were singing...my bad! Um....where are the pics of y'all dancing??

Shelly Roberts said...

My girls would LOVE to dance with you any time!! :) ~Shelly

Laura Lu said...

MeeMee--I would have made you stand on the floor with me! ;)

Kristi--you should have been there. I would have made you jump up and down too! You would have been loving me! :)

Linds--I didn't bring my camera in. Only had the cell phone. I took a few pics, but they didn't turn out that great. A little wobbly from everyone jumping, you know!

shelly--you better crank up some tunes and start dancing with your girlies. :)

Shelly Roberts said...

All I have to do is sing a little ditty and clap and they start movin'. Naomi shakes everything, Maleah is a master at the head-bobbin'. Maybe I'll learn something from them. :)

Karen said...

Im so glad you had fun!!! Next time we will come!

Can I make a suggestion to a previous post? The one you were asking for a name for your buns?

"Sizzlin' Buns"

Maybe someone already suggested that.

Natalie said...

so fun! :)

Emlee said...

that concert was awesome.
Laura, way to go!
(especially when you acted it out in church for me today :P)