Thursday, January 1, 2009

Updates and.....challenge accepted

Whew...I feel like the past few weeks have been a blur! We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating our Savior. On Christmas Eve we had a really neat experience. My sister's both brought international students to celebrate Christmas with us. We had Korea, Japan, Uganda, and Kenya represented. Our new friends from Africa taught us a praise song in Swahili. The night ended with the entire group (including my 88 year old grandma) following the African students around in a circle sing praises, dancing, and celebrating. It was a memory that we won't forget.



Over the weekend, we hosted Matt's family here. The gals enjoyed some shopping while the guys played hours of games. It was a wonderful time to be together visiting, relaxing, sipping coffee, and laughing. We've been sledding over the past few days and received another 16 inches of snow!


The fundraiser has been a great success with nearly $700 raised!!! Praise Jesus!!! Please continue to pray for their adoption journey...for the Lord's very clear direction in their family's lives. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to each of you that so generously participated in this very special project! I have had requests to continue to make cards for New Years...and I want you to know that I am more than willing to continue making cards for anyone that is still interested.
Through all of this our little man decided to start walking. Oh, he is just so cute!

And finally...drum roll please! With the coming of a new year, I have accepted a challenge that will further develop my photography skills. I've taken on project {365}. Feel free to follow my ever developing journey with my love of photography.

13 comments:

Heather said...

Love the picture of Hudson!!

Heather said...

Love the Christmas pictures!

Heather said...

I love that your grandma was getting jiggy with it!

Heather said...

I love that 365 project...it almost inspires me to do the same, but not quite:)

Heather said...

Wow, you have 5 comments already!

Laura Lu said...

c'mon heth...be one of the cool kids.

Heather said...

Now that's 7!

Hayley said...

Those all look great!!! Love the pic of your grandma and Hudson!! Yay for walking! Now if he would just stop head butting people, lol.

--Hayl
CIM

cassie said...

he's WALKING!??!?!?! oh i can't WAIT to see this:) - SO cute:)!

Deb said...

Sounds like an amazing night. What a way to celebrate.

Look at how cute he is walking!

The 365 project sounds like fun. I wish I were that talented.

suepsales said...

when you step out of the boat you REALLY step out!!! :) I will follow your project everday and try to leave a comment !

Mr. Adorable looks so proud of himself.(as he should). I'm sure there will be a number of "little mom's" running after him at home and at church. Run, Hudson, Run!!

Anonymous said...

Hudson is walking?!?!?!?

Where has the time gone?

Karen said...

what's 365?

where in the world have I been? How come I don't know what it is?

It's not like I have been stuck in the house for the whole month of December with sick kids or anything. Afterall, I get out every once in a while to take a child to the clinic. Why should I complain?