Tuesday, December 18, 2007

WE GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!! WILL YOU HELP US!!!!!!

WOWZERS! We got THE CALL ! We got THE CALL ! We got THE CALL !It has been a crazy day of waiting to see what the final outcome was going to be. I am beyond excited to tell you that our tickets are booked, suitcases packed, video camera charged because....we are going to meet our SON!!!!! He was born Sunday, December 16!!!!! We will have a BABY BOY in our arms!!!!! Thank you, Jesus! This was a situation that we never saw coming...but God has been working on it from the very beginning. We celebrated Christmas with the girls tonight and gave them an extra special present at the end of the night by telling them our news. They were so excited some started crying...which made me cry too! ;)

We need you to please pray that all of the details will fall into place. Please pray for us while we are apart from each other. It is exciting, but it will be hard to be apart for that long. Please pray for our bonding and attaching with him.

From the very beginning, we have fully believed that the Lord would supply all of the money needed for our adoption. So now here we are...the time has come now when we need all of the money. Will you please consider donating to our adoption fund? We fully believe that the Lord calls some to open their homes to care for the fatherless, and He calls some to come along side them and help them financially. If you feel the Lord leading you to help support our adoption, please contact us at familyofjoy@yahoo.com . If you wish to donate and would like to receive a tax deduction receipt...please email us and we will give you the details of where the money can be donated. We need to come up with the money in the next 48 hours, so please pray and ask the Lord about helping us bring him home.


I am just so incredibly in awe of how miraculously the Lord's hand has been guiding us. I am so humbled to be on this journey with Him. The faith that the Lord has given me to keep pressing on, is something that I can not even explain. Just know that my heart is full of adoration to be right here where the Lord has us!!!!

49 comments:

Major Mom said...

Holy crapola! I am soooo happy for you. A boy, perfect! I cannot wait to see how this unfolds, praising God in the north country for you:)

crispy said...

I have been following your blog and praying for you. I am a long time friend of Courtney. I am so happy for you and praising God for his timing and goodness.
-cris

Anonymous said...

YAY LAURA!!!!

You forgot the BEST part!!!!!

Essy said...

God is so good! I'm praising Him with you today. Yipppeeee!

Tracie said...

I'm cheering you on!
SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

What a wonderful Christmas gift.

Tracie said...

oh, just a thought, you could add a paypal link to your blog for donations.

ange said...

what a Christ (mas) gift. Celebrating with you!!!!!
praying for those pennies to come flying in!
ange

Football and Fried Rice said...

WoW!!! God is SO amazing & good!! I knew this was coming soon, but naturally, God left me out of many of the details!! A SON!! A precious baby boy, born in the shadow of the birth of HOPE......how amazing!! I am praying, praying, praying. Praying for your finances & the wonderful way that God will weave it all together. Praying for your son's birth family & the amazing gift that they have given you.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love & Hugs!!!!! - Sara

Tracie said...

OH SORRY! You DO have a donation link!!!!
GIVE EVERYONE GIVE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The donate button is on the sidebar.

PLEASE let's all guve something. Even if it is $5 or $10 ! If we all help even just a little.. it will add up. They have many expenses with travel.. hotel.. and they had barely any baby things. So they are going to need to go shopping when they get there. This does not even include the adoption and attorney fees. I am asking EVERYONE on here to please give something!

Anonymous said...

Clearly I am so excited I cannot type or spell.

Anonymous said...

Your new son is born on the same day as our sweet Eliana - just a year later. Praying for you as you begin this journey of love to bring your son home.

I am so very happy for you!

T and T Livesay said...

Woot woot. Laura -- and Matt --- we are SO happy to hear your news and anxious to follow you on this journey. Traveling Mercies and Prayers for you both!

t and t

Heather said...

Congratulations Laura! Enjoy your time with your new baby boy!

Kristi said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!! Oh, Laura and Matt...I am so excited for you! I know that this has been SUCH a long, heart-wrenching process...I am so excited for you to go and meet your little BOY!! And, what a great day to be born...he shares the same birthday as our little BOY!!! I can't wait to hear more about it all and see pictures! Praising the Lord with you guys!! Congrats and BIG HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. We knew there was the PERFECT plan of God out there...you just had to keep walking to get there. Every painful step brought you to where you are today...ON A PLANE!!!!!!!!
We love you and are so happy for you.
-David & Kim

Sara said...

Wow!! How amazing....we're so happy for you!

cassie said...

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! i am BEYOND excited!!! i cannot wait to meet your new little boy - i am praising our Jesus for you right now - HE is SO good - i love you! PRAYING!

salvant7 said...

Thank you, LORD!! Wonderful news!!

Juli said...

Congratulations Matt and Laura!! I'm thrilled for you guys!! Can you tell us about him???

Heth said...

So excited for you. Praise God!

Becky R said...

Hi! I am friends with Courtney. I am so excited for you guys! I pray it all goes smoothly. I think adoption and those who listen to God's calling to do it are AWESOME! -Becky in NJ

Kathy Cassel said...

Yay! Post pictures soon!!!!!!

Deb said...

Congratz on going to meet your son. I will be praying for all the details to fall in place and the money to do the same.

steffany said...

Wahooo! Doing the dance for you!

Brownie said...

how absolutely wonderful! A baby boy for Christmas :)

We just had the first anniversary (on 12/15) of our baby's boy's adoption. His "gotcha day" :)

Anonymous said...

I just got home and read the blog! WOW!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!! It will be so exciting to meet him. My prayers are with you as you travel and meet him. Joy to the World! Love you guys, Sue

Beth said...

Oh, wow!! I am so thrilled for you & your family. Praise God!! Can't wait to hear all about him and the whole experience.

Christin said...

Ahhhh! I cried...crazy how you can get so "involved" in a "stranger's" life.

BLESSINGS upon blessings on you guys.

Anonymous said...

I just spoke to Laura and she is holding the baby in her arms!!!

She says he is beautiful!!

Adopting Arrows said...

We are excited for you!!!! God is so good.

Lisa said...

Oh wow! I'm so excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura, Matt, Abigail, Ashley, Amelia, and Alivia
We are very excited for you! How wonderful it will be for your family to have a little boy! We can't wait until we are able to meet your son/brother! Take care. We miss you guys and love you!
May God continue to bless you.

Salzwedel Family said...

Wonderful! Simply wonderful. God is so good.

Jenni said...

Oh Laura! How exciting!!! Many prayers and excited hugs and squealing and jumping up and down with you!!

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed!! I am soooo excited for you guys! I can't wait to hold him and see your girls and give them hugs!! I am so happy for you MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! What will you name the baby??

Football and Fried Rice said...

I'll bet they name him something with an "A" - maybe Aaron or Adam or ASHER. Any other guesses??

Tengesdal 4 said...

waiting....waiting.....waiting.......waiting.... just a reminder...... we are waiting for updates!!! :) We can't wait to hear what God has done!

and in the meantime- I'll stick with the "A" trend and guess:

Amos
Asher (I'll guess this one too!)
Abraham
Abel

Maybe there should be a prize if we guess the name/weight/size before Laura posts it!! (Courtney- you aren't allowed to guess... unless your guess could be a big hint!! haha!)

Anonymous said...

It is NOT an "a" name. That is my hint.

Kimmie said...

What wonderful Christmas news...can't wait to hear more.

I am so happy for you Laura!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be a bag full of frozen zuccini...it finally happened!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the ladies here are just doin the happy, happy, happy dance!!!!And just praisin Jesus!!!!

the gang - Pearl, Irma, Ila, Mabel, Pheobe, Annette, Ethel, and Florence

The name? May we suggest... Clifford, Clarence, Morris, Oscar, Eldon, Russel, Lawrence or Virgil?

Oh, Laura...I am loving you and can't stop thinking about you and imagining how exciting it must be! Hey, I have a lot of winter, newborn boy clothes waiting in a box here for you when you get back! Post pictures soon....wer'e all going crazy with anticipation!
yours, Mabel

The Spicer Family said...

Do I win a prize if I guess the name, as it is the same name we are adopting our own little boy we are adopting from China??? Laura, I'm so thrilled for you!!!!! Jill

Major Mom said...

DETAILS, PICTURES ANYTHING!!! I am dying here:)

Tengesdal 4 said...

More hints, Courtney, more hints!!! Can't you tell??? We're all holding our breaths?? :)

Anonymous said...

"Amen" to what Mabel and the gang said. The anticipation is too much. Pictures, stats etc. I'm sure the girls are going crazy with excitement.

Don't listen to Mabel's advice with the name. She doesn't exactly have a great track record with names, if you know what I mean! wink!

Prayers for you in this journey. Love, Sue

Anonymous said...

God is GOOD, His timing perfect, and His love abounds. I am excited for your family, you are now (by my classification) a mini-mega family!! Welcome to the world of 15 passenger vans, Sams club, and very large dining room tables;)

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine the joy Laura and Matt are feeling right now? And how there Heavenly Father is watching and taking in every detail. He knew what would happen all along and oh how their faith was amazing. He must feel so proud right now those are my babies that obeyed and listen to my voice!!


Can't wait to hear more information and details!! Courtney what was the BEST part??? Can you tell or will you wait for Laura to tell???

Praise God! We all love you Laura and Matt.

Anonymous said...

I know all of the stats, I will ask Laura if I can post them. I don't have any photos yet and I won't see him until Monday.

The BEST part is Laura and the baby will be at my house for 2 weeks and through Christmas!!! This is the BEST Christmas ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am on the phone with Laura now. She says they have been able to take the baby and he is now with them at the hotel!!!!

She also says that by tonight there will be stats and photos!! She promises!!

SOOO... check back tonight!