A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE


Bright and early the next morning...we dropped the girls off at my parents and headed to the airport. All day long my sister was working on calculating the donations that were coming in. We would call in between flights and she would give us an update of where we were and what we were going to need. She also found us an amazing suite for super cheap and a great rental car. The Lord provided in AMAZING ways. I can't tell you how humbling it was to see so many of you donate to our adoption. We thank God for you and pray that you will be blessed for your obedience!
First time I held Hudson in my arms! We received clearance from the hospital to come see him that night after we landed. We were there for about an hour and then went to find our amazing hotel.
First time Daddy holds his son!
Before we showed up at the hospital to get Hudson discharged, we made a frantic stop to Kmart to grab diapers, bottles, and blankets.

Oh how I love these two...they melt my heart!

This is when it became official as we were leaving the hospital!

Hudson's first Dr. appt. He hates being cold!

Matt and I figured that if we were in FL, we needed to take him to the beach! It was a cloudy day, but we had fun. We needed to get out of our hotel room so a little road trip to the beach was great!

The most amazing thing happened as we were taking these pictures...a group of dolphins came right up near the shore and were swimming around. Matt and I were pretty awed by how cool of an experience that was.

Aren't they the cutest??!?!?!!

Here we are with our most amazing Christmas gift!
We had just arrived at Courtney's when there was a knock at the door...my sister sent these beautiful flowers to welcome Hudson. (yes...it made me cry) :)
I am married to the most amazing man. He called me earlier in the day on Christmas day to tell me to keep my phone on me that night. He called me and said, "Mommy, we are keeping our family tradition of driving around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music...and tonight we are taking Hudson and you with us!" I was choking back the tears...I put Christmas music on in my room and listened as the girls describe the lights on houses. I have never loved to hear such rambling as I did that night! :) I held it together while talking to them, but when I hung up I started sobbing again. I missed them so incredibly much!
We were on our way to the beach when my social worker called to tell me that we got the "all clear" to leave FL with our baby boy! Here I am calling the girls to tell them...they all screamed and squealed on the other end of the phone! We spent the next hour searching for seashells for the girls...Court's kids did an awesome job helping me find shells for the girls.
While starring at the beauty of His creation, I was so overwhelmed with praise to God for the way He performed these miracles in our lives. It was a very special memory!

(you've seen all of the coming home pics) This was early the next morning...the girls were so mesmerized with their new little brother. They came in and just starred at him while he slept. Then they started begging me if they could hold him. They still can't get enough of him!
Well...there you have a glimpse of our beginning with Hudson! I still hold him in my arms and become completely overwhelmed with the miracle that he is. Everyday I am praising the Lord for what He taught us while we waited for Hudson and for how He provided. We are so humbled for the journey and for the end result of holding this beautiful baby boy in our arms forever!


29 comments:
BEAUTIFUL. I am so in awe that God allowed me to be apart of it.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Just beautiful, Laura. Thank you for sharing this.
I love the pictures, sorry I could not make it on Sat. I was sad and sick and wishing I was there. These pictures will be great for your digital scrapbook. This post was GREAT!!!!
Thanks and now will you please pass the tissues! Awesome testimony
Thank you! What a super-loved little boy!! And what a legacy of prayer & obedience you have shown to your daughters as you waited (and waited....and waited...).
It wasn't the longest post I've ever seen but DEFINITELY the most incredibly wonderful one! Thanks for sharing these details.
I heard my SIL got to meet you guys...fun!
He is a beautiful little boy, Laura! I'm so glad for the chance to meet him and to hear your awesome journey of adoption!
Love,
Lori
Amazing!! This is such a powerful example of God's perfect timing. :o)
Thank you for sharing!
I loved hearing the story all over again. It's funny how I've heard bits and pieces as you've traveled through this journey but to hear it all put together it is so much more powerful and so evident that God's hand was clearly in it all! It just brings me to tears. I hope that I too can be as obedient to Him, what a wonderful example!
such a happy ending. i love the pictures, the little ham has grown so much in the past month already.
Thank you so much for sharing! I love it, I love it, I love it!
It makes my heart so full.
Beautiful! I'm in tears (you know what a cry baby I am...lol). Thank you so much for sharing that.
Precious...to God be the glory.
-Cris
Seeing your faith, trust, and obedience to the Lord along the way is an encouragement to us all! It was SO great to see you this weekend...to hear all about your adoption journey and to hold and kiss your precious little boy!!!
What an awesome testimony...thanks for sharing with us all!
I loved every word. And in my opinion, it could have been even longer...the story is one that I LOVE to hear
Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story!! Love the way that you put the pictures in it. It was like a story book with a very happy ending!!
Congratulations again to your family! God bless you!
Oh Laura, thank you for sharing. It made me cry!! What a blessing you were given.
GOD IS GOOD. . . ALL THE TIME!!
Love, Joni
So, so fun to read.
I love it. All. I have been waiting for those little details that make tears well up in my eyes and make it UNABLE to me to to NOT praise the God who make this happen. Congratulations. I knew, just knew, it would all work out for the good. I am so blessed that I got to "see" it.
ooops! I left this comment on the wrong post. It is really meant for this one:
All in favor of new post , say "I".
Unwritten blog rule#456
Thou shall not tell fellow blogger to update when thou hast not thyself!
What a wonderful family and story you have! Thanks for sharing.
Can you at least do a quiZ?
I've been away during all of the excitement!! I'm in tears as I read about your little man and how the Lord brought him to you! He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations!!
What a beautiful family!
Awe. . yeah! I've been wondering the whole Hudson story since I've been reading back through the posts! Thanks for posting this one! ha ha, It helped me!
Love,
Brandi
Post a Comment