Now being a homeschooling mom there are not any "employee discounts" or "employee contests" that I get to take part in...however, my husband is always willing to share his work perks with me! He is so wonderful!!! I told you about how he has become a pizza delivery guy by night. The highlight of this "adventure" is what he brings home for us to indulge in. Well Saturday night he brought home to most delicious treat just for me. It was a buffalo chicken pizza with Alfredo sauce on thin crust! MMMMmmmmmm...it was so delicious! The best part was that it was his little surprise for me. I love how cute he is to know that I love Alfredo sauce and buffalo wings! :) This may not make any sense to any of you, but I just wanted to share how great I think he is! It is also great because we have turned the fact that he has to be away from home on some evenings into something exciting.
If we had our choice in life....money would be of no object. However we are dealing with reality, and reality is that we are in a situation where money matters. :) I know it is hard on Matt to come home from work and change into his pizza uniform, give us all kisses, and whisk out the door. But to be honest with you...I really respect him for going this extra mile for our family. He isn't complaining about it. He doesn't grumble about having to go work there...or having to be in the back washing dishes there. Instead we have turned it into a highlight of what he will come home with! I admire his hard work ethic, his determination, his perserverance, and his wonderful attitude towards life!!
Last week he had to work on Ashleigh's birthday. He felt horrible about it, because he loves being with us more than anything. In order to make it a special night for her anyway here is what he did...I had the girls upstairs getting ready for bed, when the doorbell rang. I told Ashleigh she had better answer it because it was her birthday. There at the door stood the hottest pizza guy I had ever laid eyes on! He told her that he had heard she was a very special girl that day and that he had a very special pizza delivery just for her. He handed her, her very own speciality pizza. We all broke into singing "Happy Birthday" and she stood there with a smile from ear to ear. I love how creative he is and how he makes the best of every situation!!!
It's a good thing that I love food...love pizza...and consider myself incredibly blessed!
Monday, October 1, 2007
Work Perks...
Posted by Laura Lu at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
AWWWWW. We LOVE you too Matt. You rock!!
We will have one large think crust with peppers and onions. YUM.
OK. That was THIN crust. NOT Think Crust....
Although I sure could use something to help my thinking. Maybe think crust is some new kind of pizza that helps people like me who have lost their mind.
Funny, Court...I read that and didn't even notice the "k". Remember I always tell you that I am trackin' right along with you! I'm pickin' up what you're droppin'...and I don't ever get confused!
I am so glad someone out there understands me. Man, what would I do without you????
What a wonderful hubby/daddy! You're family is truly blessed!!
It's also kind of neat that you can tell people you kiss your hot pizza delivery guy! :o)
Hey there Laura,
It was great seeing you on Saturday :). I thought I'd send you the link to my friends' website. Please pray for them! They fly to Rhode Island to meet with a surgeon who might be able to save the babies~
meddersfamily.googlepages.com
Betsy
yay for matt:) - what a wonderful dad and husband...you are one lucky girl laura!!! love you!!
That brought tears to my eyes! What a neat guy! You are blessed!! I once told my husband when work was very slim that I would respect any man who would work at a gas station (or a pizza guy) so much more than a man who didn't work, cause he couldn't find his 'qualified' kind of work!
Your husband sounds just like mine. Devoted and amazingly giving.
Could life be any better?...we have Godly men willing to go to extreme sacrifice to love their families. Just writing THIS comment makes me want to go and hug my hubby.
May God BLESS him(you) in abundance for his willingness to lay down his life for his family.
This (season), too, shall pass...
GOSH! I so want to meet you! My daughter would actually have some "girl" playfriends! Plus, I think we might all have alot in common, one thing in common for sure, you have our son! Thanks for taking the time to write on my blog and for sharing. I still think at the end of each day I am going to see his truck pull in the drive. . . we are thrilled he is being cared for by so many awesome individuals there! Thank YOU!!!!
HOT, HOT, HOT!
My husband isn't a pizza guy, so I can say your husband is the HOTTEST pizza guy I know!!!
-Kim
Go H---quist boys! I know Mike feels the same way about donning the PR delivery hat. But he still does it! How cute what Matt did for Ashleigh!
Laura,
My dh was also a pizza delivery guy by night for many years....I miss that perk!:) We are hoping to adopt in the future as well, so you never know, he may take it up again sometime!:):):)
Blessings to you on your journey.
You have a beautiful family!
Christi in VA from FIAR
Post a Comment