Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Take a Leap?!?!?

Have you ever really wanted to do something, but were just scared to take the leap? My entire blog is about stepping out in faith...I know, I know. But what about when the something depends on a big part of *you*? Our adoption was so out of the realm of rational sense...that it made perfect sense. It was obvious it was God working...so we just went with God! We believed it was a mandate from God and we had no choice but to obey. Even with our homeschooling...I was scared, but I knew it was about being obedient to what the Lord was asking us to do. It is so much easier to take the leap when it is clear that's what you are suppose to do, isn't it!?!? Now I sit here wondering, pondering, going over scenarios...over and over again. What I'm dealing with isn't any sort of mandate from the Word of God that I need to obey. It is a choice that I have to make. I get really close to the edge but then I chicken out. It all comes down to this...I'm working on getting the courage up to do something. Will you please pray for me?

16 comments:

Tengesdal 4 said...

Be brave!! :) Love yoU!

Heather said...

If you build it, they will come!

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! JUMP! Praying

cassie said...

YES!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pat again.

Anonymous said...

I'm here for you.
Pat

suepsales said...

praying :O you can do it!

Shelly Roberts said...

Can't wait to hear more! In the meantime .... I'm prayin'! Blessings~ Shelly

Football and Fried Rice said...

Umm...yes :=) I am studying the book of Daniel (Beth Moore) right now and WOW!! Talk about someone who mightily braved to be different!!

Cindy and company said...

One of my favorite quotes is "Faith is the bird that feels the dawn and sings when the sky is still dark" Sing baby, sing!

Deb said...

I'll be praying for you. I need my own courage to get through something as well so I'll be praying for us both.

Lindsay said...

Oh boy do I ever know what you're talking about - let's pray for each other on this, shall we?!

Larissa said...

It's clear you know how to step out of the boat :) Praying that when He says do it, you go girl!

The RockStar said...

Just make sure that when you jump that you have a parachute on just in case ... and if you happen to be over water ... hold your nose.

I have a bunch of other great ideas, but just be prepared because anytime you jump it can get a little bumpy.

Anonymous said...

I will pray...but you have me very curious.....

Natalie said...

i like the saying" do it afraid."

alos on sunday a lady was talking about getting out of the boat adn being a "wave walker"

isn't that cool?!