Oh, today has been such a wonderful day of remembering the events of this day one year ago. It started with a phone call from my social worker saying..."we've had some significant events happen...a baby boy was born in FL last night." My heart stills pounds remembering that exact moment. I remembering wandering through my house all day feeling like I had so much to do, but no clue what to actually do with myself. We waited through the day wondering what the Lord was doing. I look back on my prayer journal entry from that day and see "Oh Lord, may your will be done today" written over and over. I prayed for this precious birthmom that day just like I have been praying for her yesterday and today. She is an amazing woman for choosing life for Hudson. Then the call that forever changed our lives for the better...about 12 hours from the initial call. I nervously answer the phone and hear her say, "Congratulations, Mama, you have a SON!" I screamed...Matt and I hugged and stood cheek to cheek in the middle of our kitchen listening to her talk. What a precious memory! I have so many more thoughts and emotions swirling in my head...but I must get back to making cards. I'll leave you with some of the most precious pictures ever, a mom and a dad proudly holding their first son for the first time! ;)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Forever Changed...for the better
Posted by Laura Lu at 4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
Congratulations to all!
I love reading your memories!!! thank you again for sharing!! HUGS for all I miss you guys!
Isn't it just overwhelming to think about all the Lord has done? Rejoicing with you guys!! :)
Happy Birth day!
What a great post...I have goosebumps!!! Happy Birthday Hudson!!!!
--Hayl
I get it. Thanks, I needed a good kind of cry today. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and for being such an inspiration
I remember all the anticipation and excitement of waiting for those new pictures!!!
We love that little stud-muffin!
Awww. That was such an amazing time and I am blessed I got to be apart of it!
oh laura, that was such a cool time!! To see Hudson now, cutie pie that he is, is so wonderful. He is certainly yours and charms the pants off of all of us. thanks for letting us in on the wonder of it all. :)
You little guy is beautiful, congratulations! Love the photo in his little coat.
Congratulations all over again! Who is gonna rock the Hannah Montana with me this year?
Congratulations! What an amazing journey your family has been on! You have a beautiful family. Merry Christmas Friend!
That is so sweet - and I love your memories of that day, as if they were just yesterday. Happy Birthday little Hudson!!
How can a year already have gone by? How fun to read this and think back to all that God orchestrated in bringing your sweet boy to your family! Amazing!
Happy Birthday...thanks for sharing! :-)
Wow! SO cool to hear and see about your first moments with Hudson.
rejoicing with you!
Laura
and how are things proceeding with your sister's adoption?
Are you kidding me?! It's been a whole year?!!
Here's to another year of God's blessing being poured out on you... in the form of your son. xo
oh, i could just squeeze him! so precious.
Oh, Happy Day!!!!!!!! I love rejoicing in what what God did with your family!!
Oh, you got me in tears reading this.
Enjoying reading the memories. I don't think I found your blog until after Hudson was home so I missed all the good stuff bringing him home.
Post a Comment